Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Skin Rescue Masks







Origins Out of Trouble Mask
Known for being a 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin, this mask does exactly that. On my dehydrated-dry skin, it becomes a bit tight after washing off but with a spot of moisturizer, all is well. My skin feels noticeably clearer the next day and I’m always incredibly amazed by that fact. This mask was designed to, “sop up oily-shine, slough off sticky, dead cells and sweep away irksome debris.” I tend to use this mask for 5-7 minutes instead of the full 10 because I don’t need as much sopping of oils (as I lack them). With my skin type, it gets a pleasant kick from the calming Camphor and tough Salicylic Acid.

REN Clearcalm 3 Acne Treatment Mask
The claim to fame for this mask is that it is the ultimate acne-fighting mask. My first reaction was that it felt quite soothing, and a bit like a thick layer of moisturizer. My skin felt very dry again after this one, but nothing a little moisturizer (and Argan oil) couldn’t fix up. Some of the ingredients include: Sulfur, licorice extract, zinc gluconate, willow bark extract, calcium carbonate, kaolin, and essential oils. One of the things that drew me to REN was their natural yet also pharmaceutical way of reinventing skin, if that makes sense. Some brands such as Origins strike me as all natural, but this seems to combine the two in the perfect manner.

Origins Clear Improvement
I see the most opening of my pores with this mask, so I find it’s a great way to let later products sink in as much as possible. I apply all of my masks with an old foundation brush and find this one works easiest using this technique. The Charcoal in it acts like a magnet to draw out the nasties that clog your pores. White China Clay absorbs the environmental toxins and lecithin dissolves impurities.


I’m in the market for some Ultra Moisturizing Masks. Any ideas? Leave in the comments below.

Xx

5 comments:

  1. Great post this as made me want to get back to my old skin care routine :) x

    http://www.lucia-lolita.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some really great masks there!! Really want to try some REN products :)

    xjoedix.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. if I were you, I'd try all things Clarins.theyre amazing and the company's philosophy should be given more credit!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the rec, I'll definitely have to try them soon x

      Delete
  4. Boscia makes some really good masks too. I have oily skin so I use the black mask, but I saw a white one that's for people with drier skin. You should definitely check one of these out (especially since the Sephora Friends and Family 20% sale is coming up super soon!)

    http://oohsoojaded.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete