Friday, November 30, 2012

Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair

I haven't had lots of experiences with Aveda but the salon I go to carries their products and uses them every time I'm in. I've recently come to the realization that while my hair is quite easy to work with (i.e. air/towel dry and go!) it is quite damaged and dry, and especially after not having it cut for a while, it feels extra damaged. In enters a new product my mom accidentally bought for herself and gave to me. I like this product a lot because it doesn't feel too heavy or weighing and makes me hair extra soft. For days afterwards, I'll be begging the person next to me to feel my hair. Yes, I become that annoying girl. "Touch my hair! No, seriously. Touch it!! Please!"

It is a heat protectant and detangler as well, which is very important to me. I try to use the least amount of heat as possible on my hair. Organic quinoa protein works to strengthen and penetrate hair follicles. Wheat protein aids in protecting against heat while soy derived oil works to help detangle. It contains certain organic oils as well to create a pleasant aroma, which always reminds me of going to the salon (my favourite smell!!)

I don't use this every day in my hair, as I don't always blow dry it. On the days that I do want nice straight hair, I'll plop a quarter sized amount in my palm, along with the Aveda Smooth Infusion, and run through evenly from roots to ends. I don't have a problem with greasiness, but if you do, you might want to avoid your roots! Then I brush my hair through and blow dry as per usual with the help of a comb nozzle that attaches to the end. Usually I don't have to do much after this step, but if I want it to be extra sleek, I'll attack with a flat iron (though I try not too use too much heat)! The product itself is $26 which is pricey. I received this as a gift but I would definitely repurchase when I run out.

twitter
tumblr
instagram
bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment