Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Emerald City



I'm from Seattle, the Emerald City, and thought it was only appropriate to title my post as such. This is a nail varnish from Savina called Emerald. It's a brilliant forest green with a hint of shimmer running throughout. To me, the color very much so shouts holiday's and thus, why I'm featuring it right now! In the picture above, I applied it in two coats with one clear base coat underneath. I think my sister picked this one up a few years ago from Nordstrom Rack. It is priced at $7.25 which I think is reasonable. It does remind me of OPI nail polishes, formula wise. For the type of high shimmer, almost metallic nail varnish, you do get a bit of streakiness but it's not too noticeable. I would advise not to wear this one with any red, lips/dress/accent nail, as it creates too much of a holiday feel. Stick to a LBD and a smokey eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment