Thursday, February 7, 2013

MAC Pink Nouveau

I was sucked into the MAC counter on a particularly rough day and seeking a bit of a happy purchase, I went straight for the lipsticks. With every day wear on mind, I sought out a spring-time, bright and bubble gummy lippie. I've realized that perhaps my dreams of being The Girl with Red Lips isn't very realistic, but perhaps I can still be The Bubblegum Bitch.

For one reason or another, around four years ago, the entire beauty blogging/YouTube community were all simultaneously under the impression that MAC was the end all be all of great high end products. My thoughts were similar, taking after an older sister who only purchased foundation from MAC (as did I at the time). Young and naive as I was, I was soon well educated on the world of beauty- the highs and the lows. With that came the knowledge that perhaps, MAC was not the only place to seek out a cute bubble gum pink lipstick. But it was a place to start.

On camera, this runs a bit darker than in real life, however it still gives the same effect. After a hand full of swatches (literally -- my hand was covered in pinks, purples, nudes) it was between this and Snob which I might have to pick up during another thera-- I mean shopping session. The finish is Satin and surprise! It's only my second MAC lipstick, next to a coral named Chatterbox. I was after a similar shade to the Rimmel Lip Butter in Bubblegum but with perhaps a longer wear time and more matte finish. Not exactly what I was looking for, it still gave me a smile to last the rest of the day.

A thing about prices. As expected, high end will obviously be more expensive than the drug stores, but I believe a splurge every once in a while is never a bad thing. Not to mention, I had a bad day and a gift card. Happens to the best of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment