Friday, February 8, 2013

Stila Kitten

Remember that post yesterday that talked about how I went on a little shopping therapy session? Well, I happened to pick up a lovely little number by Stila. As I went to pay, the lady said that it was one colour that just needs to be in everyone's collection and I could not agree more. I bought it with a gift card in hand and my recently just activated VIB Sephora card (24 points now, holla!) and I haven't looked back since. I've heard way too many people rave about this gem not to have it in my collection. Now, I don't own many single eye shadows (in fact, I can count them all out on one hand) but this is a true winner in terms of pigmentation, color and wear time. I'm a bit of a sucker for a shadow that works on it's own and doesn't need anything else to go with it... I'm pretty sure they just call that lazy... Yep, I'm pretty sure I can now be branded as the Laziest Beauty Blogger That Ever Was.

I thought that perhaps I could find a dupe for this in my drawers but found none. My first thought was that it was just a toned down UD Half Baked (a gorgeous true gold, notoriously found in like, every single one of Urban Decay's palettes. Like every one of them, I'm serious.) But upon swatches, I found Kitten to be a more rose-silver-gold-champagne type. You know what I'm saying. It's kind of like UD's Virgin, Sin, and Half Baked all mixed together. Maybe a more powerful Virgin with a lot of Sin and a little Half Baked. I don't know. Either way, I know that the color is completely unique to what I have in my little stash.

For $18, I expect this little guy to last me a while. It is a gorgeous shade and I'm really happy I purchased it but with most things I post, I'm just hoping it'll stick around for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment